1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

lets see your clear PG's with pics under them!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sonic assassin, Jun 29, 2012.

1. seriously considering this, and before i go and have the custom shape made, i want to see how realistic it will be.

2. Earache

Earache

Feb 3, 2012
    Denver

3. MOAR!

4. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    Show you a pic when I can. I have the clear PG coming for my Big All SSS. My friend who is a tattoo artist is painting me American Traditional type Flash on Parchment to go underneath.

5. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User

Jul 29, 2010
    Downstate CA
    I tried to take a pic of the tiger that's on there now, but I dunno where my camera is and the cell pic in my currently available light is horrendous.

Beaver shot.

[​IMG]

It's slightly wavy and you can see it in the right light, but it doesn't bother me much. I'm not sure what the best remedy for that would be while not affixing it in a way that would make it terribly difficult to remove.

6. does the fact that its not layered (say white/black/white) look strange? and is it beveled like a normal PG? i just have this inner impression that up close it will look like its blatantly behind plastic. your beaver looks quite nice.

7. landau roof

Jul 29, 2010
    Downstate CA
    Thanks for the compliments on the beaver. :)

It's looks like it's behind plastic because it is. I don't know how else to describe it. Looks fine to me.

What kind of bass are you considering putting this on? Can you get a clear pickguard cheaply to check it out?

8. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Central NJ
    Road map of New Jersey.

map.

9. sloppy_phil

sloppy_phil

Aug 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Not actually named Phil
    ^ that's pretty hilarious/awesome

10. blueacid4l

blueacid4l Gold Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2006
    2012-06-21174541. 2012-06-21180542. 2012-06-21180600.

11. landau roof

Jul 29, 2010
    Downstate CA
    ^ Nice MM's.

Here's the tiger that's on the Longhorn now.

Pic's not the greatest.

[​IMG]

I also have one of the cosmos and a cityscape.

12. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time.

Jul 10, 2008
    Higley, AZ
    I really need to get around to putting this one my wife made me under my clear pickguard on my Lakland Duck Dunn...
    FamilyPickguard.

13. id have to have the PG custom made. its an SX 6 string J.

this is what im driving at though

its transformers' devastator. my last bass (stolen :bawl:) was bonekrusher. seems fitting.

oka9aq.

14. landau roof

Jul 29, 2010
    Downstate CA
    If you're handy or have a friend or relative who is, I'd try to make one.

You can get a piece of lexan or plexiglass cheaply. The one on the Dano is pretty thin and it's not beveled on the edge. Looks like the one on the 5-string Sterling above is, but often a single-ply PG isn't beveled.