Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lets See Your Ricks!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Microbass, Jan 10, 2003.

1. well, lets see the ricks!! post !!!

:cool:

2. tim4003

tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    Sorry, I don't have a digital camera, but here's what I got:

3. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    84 Jetglo
    [​IMG]

I have a 78 mapleglo on layaway

4. Awesome, the jetglo & midnight blue & white are awesome colours for ricks, IMO.

:D

5. JoeYello

JoeYello

Sep 18, 2002
    New Jersey
    Every bassist must a have a Ric!:D

6. Sorry I don't have a pic of the old girl yet, but I can tell ya she's a 1981 jetglo.
    I love my Ric, as I'm sure all of you do aswell.
    It has some funky tuning on it right now, 'cause I'm going to audition for a music scholarship doing solo work (tuning it A-D-G-C) and playing Amazing Grace. It's some pretty hot stuff right now.
    I just need to complete it with a horse-shoe, since the original owner took it off.

7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

"That is a fine looking bass guitar ya got there"!
    Let's just rotate it for everyone!

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

"The beauty of Photoshop!"

9. DBasica

DBasica

Jan 6, 2003
    Here a shot of the 4005 I once owned (economics forced its sale a few years ago). A very nice bass, wish I still had it.

I also had a burgundy 4001 in the mid 80s that I wish I still had.

Come to think of it, of the 25 or 30 basses I've owned over the last 35 years or so, these are the only two I really miss.

10. DBasica

DBasica

Jan 6, 2003
    Wow. After posting the pic above I cruised over to eBay to see what Rics might be available, and I stumble on a 4005.

eBay item: 934748996

Not my auction.

Dan

11. I'd really love a Rick, too bad I'd need to wait *another* year to get one, something I cannot do... ;)

12. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I've posted this pic before, but hey, a new chance to show it off. This is my 2001 4003 in Turquoiseglo. Nice silverflake undercoat. New ones are such a treat.

13. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Tell us more about the 4005. How did it play and sound compared to a 4001/4003?

14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, i gots dis...

[​IMG]

and i gots dis

[​IMG]

too bad they don't have enough strings, or i'd play them :D

15. This is a crappy picture, and I won't have the thing in hand for a few more days to take better ones, but I just picked this one up:

[​IMG]

16. Here's my Rick arsenal, all of them fretless. Top pic: the only fretless 8-string they have ever made, it's in the rare silver finish with a bound body and stereo electronics. The red bass is one of only a handful of fretless 5-string basses they have made. It has the stereo electronics and bound body too. The bottom pic is a stock 1978 model 4001. See my website for more pics of these.:cool:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Here's my little Rick:

[​IMG]

I make sure to keep him in his case whenever there's company around, and I always wipe hime down after I'm done playing with him.

Sorry, was that too tasteless? :D

18. Kubla Khan

Kubla Khan

Jan 29, 2001
    Here's my lefty Ricks.

Kubla Khan

19. (J.T. your 4080 is amazing...)

Here's my '98 4003c JG:

20. John, you'll never cease to amaze me with all those whakaaaay basses, man !!!

I lvoe these basses.. me want...

Gas build up..!

*farts*

oof.. :oops: :( :D