Lets See Your Ricks!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Microbass, Jan 10, 2003.

1. well, lets see the ricks!! post !!!

2. tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    Sorry, I don't have a digital camera, but here's what I got:
  3. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    84 Jetglo

I have a 78 mapleglo on layaway
  4. Awesome, the jetglo & midnight blue & white are awesome colours for ricks, IMO.

5. JoeYello

Sep 18, 2002
    New Jersey
    Every bassist must a have a Ric!:D
  6. Sorry I don't have a pic of the old girl yet, but I can tell ya she's a 1981 jetglo.
    I love my Ric, as I'm sure all of you do aswell.
    It has some funky tuning on it right now, 'cause I'm going to audition for a music scholarship doing solo work (tuning it A-D-G-C) and playing Amazing Grace. It's some pretty hot stuff right now.
    I just need to complete it with a horse-shoe, since the original owner took it off.
  7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

"That is a fine looking bass guitar ya got there"!
    Let's just rotate it for everyone!
  8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

"The beauty of Photoshop!"
  9. DBasica

Jan 6, 2003
    Here a shot of the 4005 I once owned (economics forced its sale a few years ago). A very nice bass, wish I still had it.

I also had a burgundy 4001 in the mid 80s that I wish I still had.

Come to think of it, of the 25 or 30 basses I've owned over the last 35 years or so, these are the only two I really miss.
  10. DBasica

Jan 6, 2003
    Wow. After posting the pic above I cruised over to eBay to see what Rics might be available, and I stumble on a 4005.

eBay item: 934748996

Not my auction.

11. I'd really love a Rick, too bad I'd need to wait *another* year to get one, something I cannot do... ;)
  12. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I've posted this pic before, but hey, a new chance to show it off. This is my 2001 4003 in Turquoiseglo. Nice silverflake undercoat. New ones are such a treat.
  13. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Tell us more about the 4005. How did it play and sound compared to a 4001/4003?
  14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, i gots dis...

and i gots dis

too bad they don't have enough strings, or i'd play them :D
  15. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    This is a crappy picture, and I won't have the thing in hand for a few more days to take better ones, but I just picked this one up:

16. Here's my Rick arsenal, all of them fretless. Top pic: the only fretless 8-string they have ever made, it's in the rare silver finish with a bound body and stereo electronics. The red bass is one of only a handful of fretless 5-string basses they have made. It has the stereo electronics and bound body too. The bottom pic is a stock 1978 model 4001. See my website for more pics of these.:cool:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  17. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Here's my little Rick:

I make sure to keep him in his case whenever there's company around, and I always wipe hime down after I'm done playing with him.

Sorry, was that too tasteless? :D
  18. Kubla Khan

Kubla Khan

Jan 29, 2001
    Here's my lefty Ricks.

Kubla Khan
  19. (J.T. your 4080 is amazing...)

Here's my '98 4003c JG:
  20. John, you'll never cease to amaze me with all those whakaaaay basses, man !!!

I lvoe these basses.. me want...

Gas build up..!

oof.. :oops: :( :D