Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

lets see your westones

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by egotistical, Mar 30, 2004.

1. if you own one please post pics... ive just become interested in these odd basses

2. Las Olas

Las Olas

Apr 20, 2003
    Scarborough, UK
    I had a Westone Quantum for a while - it was pretty cheap. Sounded quite big though.

Sorry for the big pic!

[​IMG]

Mike

3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I'm taking donations to get Las Olas some photo editing software..

:p

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    LOL! Nice shirt :p.. "KING OF ASS"

5. looks cool, i saw that model and i didnt think much of it but it looks a lot better on a strap

6. choo5

choo5

Apr 15, 2004
    sydney, australia
    i just two days ago got my first bass: a Westone Spectrum ST Bass.... it feels much better than the other bass's iv tried, my friends also seem to like havin a play around with it :p , pic comming soon - i took photo tonight il put the disposeable in later lol.

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I have a couple, and have owned two others.

Electra Westone Spectrum fretless, with extra fretted neck

Westone Quantum

8. embellisher

Here is one that I used to own, a Westone Pantera five string.

9. choo5

choo5

Apr 15, 2004
    sydney, australia
    mmmmm very tasty!

10. choo5

choo5

Apr 15, 2004
    sydney, australia
  11. embellisher

Man, that site is full of wild inaccuracies! The Quantum came out before the Rail. While the Rail is more common, I have personally seen at least 5 Quantums in person, and at least 5 or 6 more on Ebay. And it mentions the fact that Westone used graphite necks.:rolleyes: No they did not.

12. choo5

choo5

Apr 15, 2004
    sydney, australia
    whats the quantum like to play? any good? looks like something pretty tasty to turn a few heads down here in sydney australia :D

13. embellisher

It's a lot of fun to play. The neck is a bit chunky, and it takes a little time getting used to not having a headstock. And because of the way it hangs on a strap, it is a pretty far reach to the lowest position. But it is a good sounding, decent bass. With the neck pickup soloed, it sounds a lot like a P bass. The bridge pickup is pretty honky soloed, but gives the neck pickup some bite and growl when blended.

14. sounds just like my Hohner B2A.
    the tight string spacing is bit awkward for rock 8th and 16th note fingerstyle.