Lets talk about compressors

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by eldave777, May 27, 2005.

1. eldave777

May 24, 2005
    Hey guy's I just bought an Aphex Punch Factory Optical compressor new for $139.00 and it is the best compressor I've ever used. It doesn't destroy my tone and it has a cool littledb meter that lets you watch your signal increase. I have an all tube bass amp which I know will compress naturally however it would have to be really cranked to get that effect going, so I went compressor shopping and this Aphex thing is a Godsend. Check one out immediately.
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I also run an all tube head and am looking to bring out the subtleties in my playing more then slamming the highs. I have always used amps with built in compressors and when I record tracks... they always get some compression added....

I've got a punch factory set aside from another TBer waiting on my sending payment out this weekend :bassist:

Hope I dig it too.

FYI: we have an effect section that this will most likely get move to

Oh yeah... Welcome to TalkBass!
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Moved to FX. Thanks for the heads-up, James.
  4. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    I've heard lots of good things about the Punch Factory. Im also in the market for a good optical compressor pedal that won't color my tone, I'm trying to decide between this one and Demeter's compulator. Anyone know how they stack up?
  5. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I have a Punch Factory as well, and as I've said in a few other threads, I really dig it. It doesn't totally kill your tone and squash all the dynamic life out of it, it just makes things sound "tight". (Works great on clean rhythm guitar as well, for that tight sound!) Great pedal IMO.