Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Let's talk about foot care

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Max, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Fri. Oct. 14: I get some Lotramin for athlete's foot. Just a little itchy spot between my 4th and 5th toe.

Sun. Oct. 16: While taking my daughter to the medi center, I have the doctor look at my foot and he diagnoses a secondary infection to athlete's foot. Puts me on Keflex

Tues. Oct 18. I take my foot, now about the size of a Nerf football, to my regular doctor and he switches antibiotics.

Wed. Oct 19. My foot is now dark purple and I have a red welt at the top of my leg about the size of a porterhouse steak, swollen hands, a rash, a numb mouth and I can barely swallow. And a fever. In the ER I light up with what the MD calls "Red Man Syndrome" (allergic reaction) So off to ER and a three day stay in the hospital.

Sun. Oct. 23. After 10 different meds, all better.

I can't help but think I could have avoided it. What do you guys use for foot care? Gold Bond? Desenex?

2. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    You mentioned you had an allergic reaction. No sense in beating yourself up over something you can't forecast to avoid.

Back to your question...

Clean your feet. Soap and all.. If you shower and are afraid of slipping and breaking your neck, then sit down and do it.

Cut your toenails.. and use a nail file to clean under them also.

Wear cotton socks if possible.

NEVER wear just one pair of shoes. If you have shoes that get sweaty(I have hyperhidrosis myself) then wear another dry pair.

Wear your shoes properly. LACE them UP! Do you want support problems later on in life? Didn't think so.

I prefer to wear a specific set of shoes when I gig(Rockport). They are comfy and sturdy. I change into them just before I play. Meticulous? Perhaps!

Hope this helps,

DCat

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Sometimes I pick out the crud that accumulates between my toes.

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Do you eat it then??

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Ya know max, sometimes just changing your socks and taking a shower works wonders.

;)

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    No, but sometimes my dogs lick my feet and eat the crud.

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Max, you need to wash yo' feets!!

8. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I was wondering where that smell came from.

9. BOOM....you should have used tough-actin' tinactin

10. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Bandmates swear by urinating on their feet. Nyeaaah. Not so sure about that.

All I know is I am so amped :hyper: up :hyper: on :hyper: prednisone :hyper: right now I can't sleep. I go off that tomorrow.

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Stinky

12. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Clean, dry socks work wonders. Change your socks midway through your day if you can. It's nice to let your feet dry out every once in a while.

AuG