1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Let's talk about gigbags!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Lokire, Dec 8, 2006.

1. With my Low-End leather custom gigbags on the way, I've been getting more and more interested in high-end gigbags in general. So I want to know what all is out there. Generally I think of leather gigbags as being 'high-end' but if you've got others to share, feel free.

The main ones I know of are..

Reunion Blues
    Low-End Leather
    Incase
    Levy's
    Ritter

PRS makes a pretty sweet looking leather bag for guitar, but I don't know if they do a bass version. $$$ too.

There must be others, from lesser known companies. What are your thoughts/experiences?

2. I have a ghetto gig bag.

It's actually a bowling ball bag. Not your typical looking bowling bag though. It's more rectangular.

Good solid nylon construction. Two pockets inside for shoes that hold pedals and tuners very well. All my cables and what not fit inside as well and there are some zippered pockets on the outside for my tools, strings, and pen, pencil, marker & paper.

I think I paid $15.00
    It was quite a while ago though. Gig bags were not popular and hard to find. I would probably get an actual gig bag if this thing ever breaks down, but it shows no sign of that.

3. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Melbourne, FL
    i've never seen them anywhere in the states, but when i ordered my lefay, it came with a 'gewa' 'red breeze' gig bag...it's pretty bullet-proof, has a necl block that velcros around the headstock side of the bass for support and has pleny of pockets...it's made of a really sturdy cordura (i think, maybe ballistic nylon), and it's also got several straps on it...plus a really cool bright red lining...sweet bag...here's a link to a pic i've got here:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=30317&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1140891921

4. check out access bags and cases www.accessbagsandcases.com the stage five looks incredibly solid, and to me its more desireable than the incase bags and costs half as much. it retails at about 95 bucks, the only downside is that theyre a pain to actuall get as you can only order them from independent retail stores. you cant order direct or from guitar center or any chain store. mine should be here in time for christmas.

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Correct spelling...
    www.accessbagsandcases.com

6. I like my ritter, but i wouldnt say it was an overly high end one, has lasted me the past 5 years or so no bother tho :)

One of the backpack style straps broke, well, a plastic pivot pin like bit broke, but replaced it with a metal bolt and not had any troubles since :)

(other than it being nylon and having a fag burn where the guitarist caught it when we were walking to practice)

7. Oooooh, That kind of gig bag. :oops:

Carry on.

Anyone ever try to fit a bass in a bowling bag?

8. thanks for the spelling correction brad, my bad

9. dhadleyray

dhadleyray Guest

Dec 7, 2004
    Reunion blues rules! I've had my bag for 10 years.. All leather..