Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Let's talk about the Yamaha TRB1005 and TRB1006

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Aug 23, 2005.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I've been reading up on these basses, and I'm really curious if anyone has any first-hand experience with them.

The consensus seems to be that they aren't as good as the older TRB's. I understand that the 100x's are made in Korea, as opposed to Japan. I've owned a few Korean basses, and for $799-$899, these seem to be a bit pricier than the others.

What are the major differences you've seen between the older TRB's and the current ones? Does anyone own one? Opinions? Thoughts?

They look fantastic. The GAS is rising, and I'm eying up the stable to see what might have to make way...

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I guess I'll bump this to the top for the post-dinnertime rush.

Anyone?

3. basstong

basstong

Jun 13, 2005
    Paris, France
    Well !! I tried the TRB1006 and finally bought a TRB6-II.
    Main differences between each other:

Woods are probably different and the 1006 is heavier. TRB6's neck is thicker so it's more comfortable. TRB1006 string spacing is smaller so i felt less comfortable for slapping.
    But...
    the 1006 looks great and it sounds ok for any kind of music except jazz maybe (this is my very own feeling anyway :meh: ). Very punchy sound.

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for the comments, basstong.

Now,there has to have been more than one guy in the world to have played these basses... someone chime in!