Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Let's talk GRAPHITE REP. NECKS

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rojo412, Jan 5, 2003.

1. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    People who have tried Moses Graphite... how do they stack up to Modulus? Status? How do they compare to a wood neck (std maple with any FB, just general comparison)? How desireable are they on the market?

I have had many Moduli in my day. I love them dearly. I am planning on making some custom basses and would like to know (since Moses will do whatever you want) how they compare?

2. this probably should be in the basses forum

and i dunno about the graphite neck but have heard good things about moses

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Yeah, Moses freed the israelites.:)

And the topic fits here just fine. "Setup" would work too.

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i had a moses neck on my sterling. sounded and played great. heavy though. i think they're a little darker sounding then modulus because the neck is heavier/denser.

5. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I had no idea which forum would be the best place for the topic, so Misc. seemed okay.

6. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I went to a shop that was a Moses dealer and asked them about the necks. The dude there said the Moses necks aren't as "hi-fi" as the Modulus necks. He said they are a little warmer and closer to the sound of wood than Modulus necks.