Lets talk tuners

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by semborg, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Okay so right now I need a tuner.

I want a good clear very accurate tuner. (Non rack).
    As a pedal or just as a simple tuner.
    I want it with lights so its easy to see.

Recommend me.
  2. BOSS TU-2

I believe this is the best and the standard for tuners. I believe it has 100% tuning accuracy, its lights are readable in any enviroment or stage, it's built like a tank and it's number one best feature is the ability to stomp on the pedal and tune your bass/guitar in silence!!!

How many times have you been to a jam or worse seen a band and heard this, "Dude, can you give me an A?" It's so unprofessional and I think having this pedal takes you leaps into becoming a professional well wanted musician. I can't recomend it enough.
  3. 2nd the TU-2. I love mine, use it 4-5 times a gig if I need to or not. Always in tune. :bassist:
  4. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Korg DT-10. More accurate, and just generally looks better IMO. Though it doesn't have the powering of other pedals capability that the TU2 has. It's your choice.
  5. he doesnt want a rack tuner tho

i do! but thats not the point
  6. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Peterson Stobostomp- best tunner pedal out there, period.

7. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    But very expensive...
  8. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Fender PT100, $50.00. Make sure you don't get the old PT10 by accident. That one has no LED display.

The power supply "feature" of the Boss Tu-2, LS-2 and noise suppressor pedals is SNAKE OIL. If you let this affect your buying decision, then you're wearing the big "S" on your forehead. You're paying extra for nothing.

You can buy the $15.00 daisy chain cables ("required" to use the TU2 as a power supply) and plug them directly into your Boss style wall wart and then to your pedals. There is no need for the TU-2's "power supply feature"

Save the $10, get the Korg or save the $40 (and buy a Godlyke or Visual 1 Spot) and get the Fender.
  9. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    I bought a used TU-2 a while back and it was in pretty rough shape. Everything still works though. Due to the fact that it could take the beating that it obviously had, and still work flawlessly, speaks volumes to me. It looked as though someone had taken a claw hammer to it. I threw a coat of fire engine red paint on it, painted on some profanity and I couldn't be more pleased. Great pedal.
  10. el_Kabong

Jul 11, 2005
    Plus you can see them in the sun unlike invisible LEDs.
  11. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    dont get the grey korg tuner.. its terrible
  12. Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    now THAT'S got to be the best tuner out there :p

i use the boss TU-2 also, haggled it free with my amp. i like its simplicity. i don't use the daisy chain feature though. my only problem with it is that i had a hard time seeing it in the one outdoor gig i've played. it's been great to me otherwise.

13. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

Yep, one word.....

14. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Nice catch.

I'm surprised how many people don't read all the stickies. Especially when they say tuner threads belong in misc. I'll forgive you this time and move it for you.
  15. strobostomp looks strange
  16. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I have a boss TU-80. Its a handheld sized one. 30$ I think. It has a metronome too.
  17. myrockinbass

Jun 10, 2005
    STROBOSTOMP! Period... easy and worth every penny, it's even a DI. I can tune fast on stage and is so accurate that even the guitarist in my band use it while we're in the studio! Can't recommend enough!