1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Let's Talk Vintage Keyboards

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ClaytonH, Apr 7, 2009.

1. ClaytonH

ClaytonH

Mar 10, 2009
    Hudson, OH
    I have two:

3421770449_bdcdb712f6.
    Gran Prix KB810

3421771981_f784cb86c4.
    Realistic Concertmate-500

2. I have a Roland JX8P & PG800, Ensoniq ESQ-1, a fried Kawaii K3 & an ancient Casiotone 401. I had a Yamaha CS-5 analog monosynth around 83-4. I'd love an ARP of some sort.

3. ClaytonH

ClaytonH

Mar 10, 2009
    Hudson, OH
    Nice, I'm going to circut bend bolth soon. Need switches first.

4. Mine all need work- the Roland acts dusty & the ESQ needs a battery; the Kawaii needed one but when I tried soldering it myself I think I ruined it. I was hoping my basses would sell & I could have them all gone through.

5. Howlin' Hanson

Howlin' Hanson Lighter cabs, please. Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Austin TX
    Here's mine:

Attached Files:

6. What is it?

7. ClaytonH

ClaytonH

Mar 10, 2009
    Hudson, OH
    Is it custom?

also my Realistic glitches and dosen't play the right soud. Just got shake it like a baby.

8. naturalkinds

naturalkinds

Jan 22, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Rhodes Mark I (1978)
    Wurlitzer 200A (1979)

: )

9. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Intergalactic Mind Space CA
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    That's the ticket.

Used to have a Rhodes 73 key,Hammond B3 and M3 with a Leslie Tallboy (6ft tall,1x18)

10. B3. drool...

11. spellcaster

spellcaster Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2007
    NY-DC
    I've always loved the sweet sound of a Rhodes though I havent heard the mini Rhodes Bass pictured.
    I have a MiniMoog that I really dig.

12. Oric

Oric

Feb 19, 2008
    Georgetown, Kentucky
    I've got a Hammond M-100, from 1965. Not exactly their most well-known model, but it's a whole lotta fun.

13. I think I read that JPJ used an M-100 or something similar on 'Your time is gonna come'.

14. ive got an old farfisa organ. cant find ANY info on it.. so it must not have been popular, but it sounds pretty cool. lots of personality

15. Tee hee...

16. Oric

Oric

Feb 19, 2008
    Georgetown, Kentucky
    Yea, I've seen them before in pictures of Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

fake edit: just looked it up, it was used on You Shook Me, Your Time Is Gonna Come, and also Whiter Shade of Pale, Green Onions, and Hocus Pocus by Focus (a somewhat obscure prog rock treasure).
    So I guess it is pretty popular, but it's not the B3, of course.

bonus video: Keith Emerson soloing on one... in his special style. I think this is a testament to how tough these things are:

actual edit: the organ in that video is an L-100, never mind. Still pretty similar.

17. Hocus Pocus by Focus straight ROCKS- that frontdude is one prehistorically psychotic jazz-on-acid hippie.

18. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I had a Yamaha YC30 that I traded away for a stand for my QS8.1, just to get rid of it.

Now that it's gone I occasionally think of things it would have been good for. But I can do those with the Alesis, and usually better.

But it did have a certain cool factor about it. I think it was made in about 1970. There is one on ebay currently that mostly looks a little cleaner than mine. But I had the original stand and the covre still fit. The guy on ebay seems to have lost the hinges for his: http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-Yc-30-El...temQQimsxZ20090312?IMSfp=TL0903120010002r4115

19. Oric

Oric

Feb 19, 2008
    Georgetown, Kentucky
    I just about released my bowels when I first heard it. I love the yodeling (no, Joni Mitchell isn't a guest artist)