Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Let's try that rig set-up question again

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by malthumb, Jan 16, 2002.

1. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I just received my Alembic SF-2 (eBay conquest) and I'm curious about the best way to work it into the signal chain. Right now I use a 4 space rack. My Alembic DS5-R (external power supply for Alembic basses) sits in the top. My Alembic F1-X is next, and the bottom 2 spaces house my SWR SM500. The DS5-R goes into the F1-X. The F1-X goes into the SWR via the effects loop. It all ends up in either one or two SWR Triads. I'm not sure if I should run the SF-2 before or after the F1-X. Right now I'm thinking that I'll replace the DS5-R with the SF-2 in the rack and use my DS5 floor box to power my basses. Since I'll sometimes use the same rig with a Hanewinckel it makes sense to not dedicate the slot to the DS5-R. So I'll be running a DS5 into the two Alembic rackmounts, then the SWR, but which rackmount is it best to lead with, F1-X or SF-2?

Peace,

James

PS - Sorry for the 3 blank posts on this issue. My DSL went goofy and didn't post any of my text. I quit after 3 tries. Moderators, if you can, please delete the blank threads