1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Let's try that rig set-up question again

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by malthumb, Jan 16, 2002.

1. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I just received my Alembic SF-2 (eBay conquest) and I'm curious about the best way to work it into the signal chain. Right now I use a 4 space rack. My Alembic DS5-R (external power supply for Alembic basses) sits in the top. My Alembic F1-X is next, and the bottom 2 spaces house my SWR SM500. The DS5-R goes into the F1-X. The F1-X goes into the SWR via the effects loop. It all ends up in either one or two SWR Triads. I'm not sure if I should run the SF-2 before or after the F1-X. Right now I'm thinking that I'll replace the DS5-R with the SF-2 in the rack and use my DS5 floor box to power my basses. Since I'll sometimes use the same rig with a Hanewinckel it makes sense to not dedicate the slot to the DS5-R. So I'll be running a DS5 into the two Alembic rackmounts, then the SWR, but which rackmount is it best to lead with, F1-X or SF-2?

Peace,

James

PS - Sorry for the 3 blank posts on this issue. My DSL went goofy and didn't post any of my text. I quit after 3 tries. Moderators, if you can, please delete the blank threads