Level 42 - Something About You...

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by scott_barrett, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Anyone have a tab for this song? It's stuck in my head and I need to pull of some 80's funk to get it out....

2. It's hard to accurately place - the recorded song is a combination synth bass (Yamaha DX7) and Mark King's slap bass; sometimes the parts compliment each other, sometimes they overlap.

In their live shows, I believe they have a sequenced synth bass and Mark plays along to it.

I can sort of play this song, but to play it accurately to the recording, it requires a 5-string as there are lots of below-E notes in the song (though King plays them on a 4-string an octave higher during their live shows).
  3. Thats kind of what I thought. I'm looking for the notes that are in the very beginning of the song that kind of sound likes he's walking down and ending on a really low note, and then repeating it. It's the basis of the entire song.....

4. swr

Apr 12, 2000
    I don't have my bass with me right now, so I'm going off memory. I just started looking at this song recently and to simplify things, there's really 3 main parts to consider. There's the walk-up piece that starts the song (and continues throughout) the verse chords and the chorus chords. Take all this with a grain of salt though....

Intro: I think the walkup is E, F#, G#, A, B which leads to the chorus

Chorus, C, D, E

The verse is E, C#, D, and B

Hopefully this put's you on a path.
  5. Thanks!

I'll give that a shot!