Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Level

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Where's One?, May 22, 2002.

1. I have been looking around at basses with jazz style pickups and came across the Yamaha BB604. I have seen it for £270 (UK) does this mean it is only a begginers bass or is it just good value? Their website seems to portray it as a higher level bass than this but the price seems low?

Is this a good bass for an intermediate player?

&

Are there any other jazz basses you guys would recommend me to check out for under £400 Sterling?

Thanks.

2. Hello Where's one.

Interesting that we're obviously geographically quite close to each other.

So where's the Yammy so I can pop over and get it?

:D :D :D

Catch you when I've more time.

John

3. Some Yamahas are great, even though the price is low

4. Good morning, Where's one?

The Yamahas are, IMHO, great value for money. There's no doubt in my mind that you really do get a lot of bass for your £££.

The BB604 is not a beginners bass: Yamaha bill the BB404 as their entry level instrument of that class. But then, IMHO, that wouldn't be a problem even if the '604 were entry level. I've just got an RBX270 Fretless (which definitely is an entry level instrument). It's superb, by the way, and I'd play it anywhere. I'd love a BB404 or it's predecessor, the BBN4III.

I guess the only way to get the jazz sound is with a Jazz;) :D

If you're seriously looking for a good bass, I'll send you a PM. :D

John

5. Private Message now sent.

John