1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Levinson Blade Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stefan12345, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Stefan12345

Stefan12345

Oct 2, 2015
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have recently acquired my dads old Levinson Blade B3 or B4, its hard to tell which but I am fairly sure its a B3. I have no use for it as I am not a musician so I would like to sell it. However, the problem is it does not work. It has active pickups and unfortunately the guitar was left alone for a long time and the battery connection corroded and fell off. I am trying to understand where the battery would connect to so I can buy a new connection. Does anyone know the internal workings of one of these things so I can try to fix it? I can post pictures of the circuit board if anyone is interested. Aside from the corroded battery connection, it has been kept in good condition and as I understand, its a good bass. Any help is greatly appreciated.

smallmouthbass70 likes this.
  2. subdude67

subdude67

Jan 18, 2010
    Kenya
    sent you a PM

3. Quintus

Quintus

Jan 15, 2016
    What did you end up doing?

4. Knut Dale

Knut Dale

Oct 10, 2018
    I’m a happy owner of a Blade B3. Have used it since i bought it new in 1991
    My loved bass (read soul) had som conduction and «died» some weeks ago
    Is there any possibilities to by new electronick?
    Dont think i need new mic’s but i belive i need electronic inside. Hope someone can help me

5. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Just a SWAG but if there is a circuit board there may be a "Batt" or + and - markings with solder pads adjacent to them. That's the connection point for the + and - wires leading to the battery.

6. Knut Dale

Knut Dale

Oct 10, 2018
    Thanks for reply. Have got one that fixes instruments to look at it. I have to buy new electronics. I would like to get an original electronics or equivalent. Very pleased with the bass as it has been. Also received Blade email that I should contact a third party company. Would have liked to have the levinson system yet. But if anyone knows about the electronics that fit into my bass I can use that if its just as good or better I'll be happy.