Levy's padded garment leather 4.5" strap

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by mikezimmerman, Mar 29, 2016.

1. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Needed a nice wide strap for my heavy Warmoth Wide 5, and ran across these on Amazon. Usually run $80-90, nut the black ones are on sale from a couple different vendors for $45.

Mine just came in yesterday, and this is the nicest strap I've ever owned, especially for heavy basses! Only downside is that the leather and padding is so thick it's tough to get Dunlop strap locks on...

Amazon.com: Levy's Leathers MSS2-4-BLK 4 Garment Leather Signature Series Bass Guitar Strap,Black: Musical Instruments

2. Spreck76

Spreck76

Dec 4, 2003
    Louisiana
    Yeah, bought one of these last time it was on sale. Great strap. I agree though, hard to get the Dunlops on. I tried a few ways but didn't succeed. How did you do it?

3. mikezimmerman

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    On the small end, it just took a lot of fiddling and squeezing. On the big end, I still haven't entirely gotten it--just put the clip on the mechanism without the flat circular piece, and trusted that the strap hole was tight enough that it wouldn't slip through. Will try shaving a little bit of the leather around the hole to give it a little more clearance when I get a chance...

4. froghat

froghat Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Rhinebeck, NY
    I have one of these and I love it. I managed to get straplocks on it but I don't think I'd do that again.

5. mikezimmerman

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I would probably have left them off if the bass I bought it for didn't have the inset strap locks with no button!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021