1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lexicon Alpha as a headphone amp?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Murph_Orpheus, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Hey everyone. I hope this topic is in the right place, if not, apologies!

I'm extremely new to the whole recording at home thing, literally just bought a Lexicon Alpha to get myself started. I noticed the headphone output on it, would I be right in assuming that I can use the Alpha for practising silently by just plugging headphones into it and adjusting the volume etc?

Could someone point me in the right direction of how I could go about this setup if it's possible?

Cheers from an absolute noob to this side of things :D

2. hazmatt

hazmatt

Jun 3, 2012
    san diego
    Yeah that plan should work, regardless of how you hook your instrument up (direct plug out the guitar to front of alpha, or via amp send into back of alpha, or even sound from computer) Try varying the input and output levels (on both the guitar/amp/sound processor and the alpha). Have fun!

3. Yes you can, this is my practice set up: bass>lexicon alpha>laptop.
    I import a mp3 into reaper, I then notch out as much bass as I can. I can then play along with the song, and record at the same time. I know I have learned the song when I play back the mp3 with my bass playing and it sounds like the original mp3