Lexicon confusion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by The Antipop, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Is there any difference between the Lexicon MPX 200 and the Lexicon MX 200. Seems to me like the MPX is not on the market and the MX is the new updated one. Is that true?

Any help would be of help.
  2. wideload

Apr 15, 2004
    To my knowledge, the MPX200 wasn't around for very long, then replaced by the MX200. The differences that I see are that the MX200 is easier to use, but lacks the internal power supply of the MPX200. I have the MX200 in my rack, and have been very happy with it. I am an effects minimalist, but I use patch 57 (a delay and reverb, I think) for almost all my playing. Subtle effect, fleshes things out a bit. I also set up a flange into a chorus that I like on more "etherial" stuff. Don't know of a way to get from one to another quickly, but I believe there is a footswitch option to bypass effects. I just put the flange into a memory slot near my full-time setting for fast changes between songs.
    It's frustrating to have a question go unanswered here. Hope this helps!
  3. rkilstrom

Apr 7, 2006
    The MX200 was designed to replace the MPX110. I didn't like the name they (marketing) chose, and voiced my opinion of possible confusion with the MPX200. But they went ahead with it anyway.

As far as switching from one to the other quickly, my best suggestion would be to tweak patch 57 slightly and save it to a preset, then make your flange-chorus sound and save that to the next higher or lower user preset. You'll still have to change the preset, but they'll be closer together. That or use a midi floor controller to select them.