Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

lexicon mpx-1 help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mrWr0ng, Apr 25, 2003.

1. hey guys, i bought a lexicon mpx-1 to replace my boss stompbox pedals, and I'm trying to get it to recreate my stompbox sounds... i figure it should be an easy task, but i'm totally new to this.

before, i used a Boss DD-3 digital delay:
    [​IMG]

now with the lexicon, i'm not sure if i have the effect level option that i'd like... with the boss delay i had the effect level turned about to about 3 o'clock, the feedback level at about 3 o'clock, and the delay time at about 3 o'clock... then the "mode" was at "short", so i figure i had a delay going at about 40 milliseconds.
    it gave my bass a very "metallic" sound, like the whole thing was made out of aluminum.

i've done this in my lexicon, but i'm not getting *quite* the same effect. it's close, but i'm wondering... will the lexicon let me set the "effect level" as high as the boss would? I've set the "delay mix" to 100%, and the "level" to +6dB, and it's the (M) delay (mono).
    so... does anyone know what other settings i might mess around with? should i check the delay mix and level? i can't go any higher than +6dB, so i'm wondering if that's limiting the effect I can get, or if that isn't the case, it was more something else.

thanks for any help.

2. mthoople

mthoople

Nov 1, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Were you running the Boss in the effects loop? Running the Lexicon in the effects loop?

If you think its output level, you could raise the output level of the Lexicon or add a Volume block after the Delay to boost level.