Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lexicon MPX-1

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I bought a Lexicon MPX-1 effects unit (used, perfect condition, $400) today for our PA. I've had about 15 minutes to look at the manual. Man! That thing is mondo complicated. I bought it for the engine, which I believe is far superior to that of my Digitech Studio Twin. Oh well, a few late nights of reading should help. That's all.

2. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I've eheard nothing but great things about this unit. We have one on layaway. I heard the live verb is great for the entire band to go through. We learned about this from a couple of different sound guys in my area. Chances are you will be able to find this bing used in your area at a local venue and maybe you can pick the sound guys brain a bit and see how they run it, that's what we are doing.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, I've figured out how to sort the effects by type, so it shouldn't be too hard to find the good 'verbs now. It's even got a doubler in there. I think I'm just going to run the vocals through it. It's easy to patch a mono in, but there are a lot of stereo outs, with no internal way to patch them to mono. Most of the effects should be just fine running mono in, left out.