Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lexicon MPX G2 users..?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rockstarbassist, Oct 10, 2005.

1. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Thoughts on this unit?? I know Marcus Miller uses this model (or something similar- I know it was Lexicon!) so it can't suck all that much.. I'd eventually like to step up to a do-it-all rack processor, without selling my truck to buy an Eventide Ultra-Harmonizer (even though I still might!) :bassist:

Just curious, and if not this, what other Lexicon models are recommended??

2. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    It depends on what you want it to do. IMHO there are two alternatives - TC Electronics G-Force and the Eventide Eclipse. I don't know much about the Lexicon units.

3. steve lawson used a G2 as well...i have seen it, and it looks pretty cool, especially with the foot controller you buy with it...

4. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF

Yeah that looks quite nice as well... Only reason I was considering one of these is they're in a totally different (lower!) price range than anything Eventide has out there, unless I'm totally off base, which may be... In that case though, what's their most "affordable" piece of equipment?

Not to say I don't like FX and all, but when ONE unit is more than the rest of my rig (basses included!), I find it hard to justify... ;)