Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lexicon MPX G2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Hello all!

i know that i put up a "wanted" thread for the MPX G2 in the correct section, but i guess i never really asked...Does anyone on the boards have one? whether you have one or not, let's discuss it!

Charlie

2. Paul_C

Paul_C Builder: Arrowheadguitars Basses

Mar 5, 2005
    Northampton, UK
    I've got the G2 now and should have an R1 in a week or so, more information when I have a better idea what I'm doing ;)

P.

3. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    you must keep posted!

4. Paul_C

Paul_C Builder: Arrowheadguitars Basses

Mar 5, 2005
    Northampton, UK
    I'll try to keep a note of my experiences and let you know how it goes, it'll take a while just to work through the manual as it's bigger than most.

I've managed to hook it up using the effects loop and input of my amp and some of the presets are impressive from that start (even though it's set for guitar rather than bass) Once I have a better grasp of the possibilties I'll report back.

The volume balance between presets can be a little alarming though, the Fuzz patches are way louder than anything else, not sure what the point of that is, but maybe it would make sense into a guitar amp.

Paul.

5. mthoople

mthoople

Nov 1, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Keep us posted!

I've used one on and off for years. The BEST feature is the Splitter (crossover with a single split frequency). It sends the lowpass to one side and the highpass to the other. I apply all my time-based, phasey, and fuzz effects to the highpass signal chain, then recombine with the uneffected lowpass signal at the output. Keeps the bottom end from dropping out while switching effects in and out.

Another great effect: while it has wah effects in it, they aren't that great for bass. So I set up a manual sweep filter/wah using a single band parametric eq with the center frequency tied to the pedal input. This way all the parameters can be edited to tailor the effect.