Lexicon PCM 41

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jbybj, Jun 13, 2019.

1. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I pulled out my old Lexicon PCM 41 today to test it out before listing it for sale. I was instantly sucked in, and lost in a lengthy envelope flanger jam. I had forgotten how cool this unit is, not going to sell it.
    Which got me wondering, has anybody modeled this device, or built a modern approximation, that you know of?

2. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    Maybe Meris Polymoon?

3. There are a lot of those old gems out there that have one to a dozen very special sounds (algorithms) that are still closely guarded secrets that is a reason that studios have racks of those pieces for just those sounds. Roland, Yamaha, Lexicon, dbx, Alesis and ART all had some spectacular sounds.
    Harmon-Kardon owned Lexicon among other companies and some of the algorithms were used by Digitech but since the company has been sold it is unknown what will happen with that proprietary information. Afik some of the more popular reverbs were replicated from that unit but not any of the modulations. The Digitech Hardwire RV-7 and the Supernatural had the Lexicon reverbs.

4. I would love if manufacturers would decide on a digital operating format (app) for algorithms.

A stereo platform pedal we could load that into for recall and performance.

A library where we could purchase sounds we like for instance ART has a number of sounds on the Multi FX Lt I would load into such a pedal sound :Wonder Chorus, Dream Chorus, White Flange, Crystal Cathedral, Infinite Darkness, Future Flange - all sounds i have used on recordings i would use live if possible.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021