1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lexington, KY repair

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jazzbass1967, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Anyone know of a good repair shop in Lexington, KY?

2. Anyone have suggestions?

3. phall2112

phall2112

Dec 31, 2008
    After carls shut down:crying: I cant think of any. Maybe try willis. I just saw an ad on the local craigslist about a guy you may want to check out.

4. KYJazzy

KYJazzy

Nov 10, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    I'm a long way from my home Lexington KY (currently in South Korea) but go talk to the great people at Wilcutt. I love that store they've done some good work on my p basses before.

5. Michael Vee

Michael Vee Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    When did Carl's close? I used to live in Lexington, and went in their Winchester Rd. store often.

Bob Willcutt is getting up there, mid to late 60's. He's very good on setup and build work, and always hired good techs, at least back then. Probably your best bet, but pricy. Willcutt website

I'd also consider Don Wilson on Southland Drive.

6. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Hmmmm ... it's been a while since I've lived there ... but Willcutt was the place I would frequent most. I don't remember any others that are still around.

BTW ... GO CATS!!! :)

7. I always take my stuff to "Snake" at Corner Music in Nashville and am always very pleased but it's so difficult to find time to go down there.

8. Anyone used RS Guitarworks in Winchester?

9. Took 3 basses to RS Guitarworks in Winchester. Highly recommended!