1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LG Chocolate

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RyRob813, Aug 18, 2007.

1. RyRob813

RyRob813

Jun 7, 2007
    St. Paul, MN
    does anyone have one? I have a new phone comming to me on credit and I think those are really cool, but I've heard so many complaints about them

Is that all just rumor and people can't take care of their phone, or are they really flimsy?

2. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I have one and tbh I really wouldn't recommend it. I had to take my first one back because the internet wasn't working at all, and the one I have atm has a few minor problems.

If I was you I would go with a different phone.

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    They break very easily. A few people I work with own them or used to own one, and there are a lot of breakages and malfunctions. Not nice!

4. nothing has been wrong with mine, and its been about 10 months. i dont know if thats good though, its my first phone.

5. Matt_W

Matt_W

May 3, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    My girlfriends is invincible; she dropped it onto the pavement it bounced under my feet and I kicked it along the pavement, it then landed under my mates feet and he kicked it once more.

For all that accidental kicking and scraping it was pretty much fine, it just had one minor scratch.

6. I woldn't recommend the first version. the new version that just came out I would though. Its much better. Especially the circular controller. I can't stand the no feedback you get from the first edition.

Screw the chocolate... buy an iPhone! :smug:

7. Just don't get a Sidekick 3.

8. steve21

steve21 Banned

If you like to text, don't get a Chocolate.

9. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    My current phone is an LG CU500 and I think it's the last LG i'll ever buy.

10. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    :( I should've sprung for that. I got the CU400 and don't like it at all.

M

11. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I meant that in a negative way. :D

12. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I think the best (or worst) thing you can do is buy one, then if it breaks, concede that it was a bad decision.

13. The first production run of the Chocs WERE AWFUL. WORST PHONES EVER.

I work in phone retail and 99% of the repairs we book in/out are Chocolates. Partly because they were so mass produced, but mostly because they have cheap parts in them.

get a Samsung E900 if you want something better.

The LG Prada is pretty decent however.

14. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    LOL! Oops.

M

15. Nappa

Nappa

Dec 20, 2006
    Fargo,North Dakota
    Does the new Chocolate share the same ID, such as LG8500 or LG8600 as the old one?

My chocolate has never had a problem so far.