1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LH1000 Hartke

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lovefist, Oct 12, 2009.

1. lovefist

lovefist

Mar 27, 2008
    So I went to Samash the other day and I got to play the LH1000 Hartke head through a Eden 2x12 (8ohms). Man oh man I didn't go past the 1 on the volume knob. Plus, this thing is dead simple like my PB500. The guys at Samash were willing to knock off about $50 bucks the list price. I'm planning on going back next week, but I'm thinking that if I get this head I should try it with a 1x15 since that is my current set up (old Carvin V115 500w 8ohms). If I'm careful I think that the head would work with the 1x15 or I could trade in my Roland DB115 for the Hydrive 4x10.

Anyone use just the Hartke 4x10 with this head? I heard a lot of bad things about this head, but I think it sounded quite good...maybe it was the cab.

2. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    I've had a borrowed one sitting on top of an Accugroove Tri115 for about a month now. Sounds pretty good to me. It is a dead simple amp to set-up, does not have a TON of versatility, but it seems to me that if you can get your sound out if it, you would have a very decent, very loud rig for an amazing price.

Before I got it to mess around with, I had read that the LH1000 delivered a very close version of the "Alembic FX/F2B tube pre into a poweramp" kind of sound. Not really sure about that, but I'd would certainly consider grabbing one for the price.

Speaking of price, unless you are dead set on a new one, look around for a used one, the prices are silly low for the watts per $$ ratio this thing offers.

good luck

3. Billnc

Billnc

Aug 6, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    I have one of the first LH1000's and Hydrive 410. The amp is on 4 hours a day, and seen lots of gigs. Only problem has been the preamp tube, easy fix and not Hartke's fault.

4. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    That's the exact opposite of what I have heard about this head. I played one briefly in the store and thought it sounded fantastic.

5. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    I think street is $499 so $449 new is even better...!

=wr=

6. lovefist

lovefist

Mar 27, 2008
    Would I be able to get away with putting it through my 1x15 for a little while before I get a 4x10?

7. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    It does weigh a bloody ton. I went to Samash to try one and I liked it but lordy it was heavy. It's a great budget option but frankly I'd save a few more bucks and get one of the new light BX1200s if I were in the market for an amp of that wattage :)

8. lovefist

lovefist

Mar 27, 2008
    That was the head I was going to purchase for a while, but if you see I really don't want mission control on my bass head. The options are great but I'm content with the simple since I'll add a VT Bass pedal soon. I'm just hoping that I can get away with using the 1x15 cause this purchase will put me back on getting a new cab. If all else fails I'll add the VT bass pedal first then see if I'll get this head

9. I have an LH1000, Hydrive 410 and Hydrive 115 cabs. I'm finding it quite a challenge to get a punchy tone when using the 15 on its own, and to get deep tones with the 410 solo. When I use both cabs it all comes good however. I think this is the optimum way the LH1k is designed to work. The cabs are fine and I can use either solo with my 3500 head because it has a more versatile EQ section, whereas the LH1k is very simple. I am considering adding a graphic EQ in the LH1K effects loop to give me the tonal flexibilty, particularly in the low mids/bass.

10. i was planning on doing just this when I had my Lh1000. Ended up putting a Sans RBI in the effects loop on a foot control and man that hartke could get mean quick:hyper: