1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

LH500 effects loop - how?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pcake, Jan 13, 2017.

1. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    let's pretend that after playing bass since 1994 that i've never used an effects loop. and let's pretend that i now want to send my sans amp VT bass DI through the effects loop - or however you put it - bypassing having the amp's EQ ahead of the VT DI.

so... what do i plug into what? is it
    bass ---> VT DI ---> effects return jack?

or am i totally missing how this works? i wouldn't be surprised - it seemed to make sense based on the hartke manual combined with my complete lack of knowledge.

btw, here's what hartke says about the effects send and return, which is what i based my guess on:

EFFECTS SEND jack - Use this 1/4” unbalanced jack to send low impedance (100 ohm) signal from the Model LH1000 to a professional outboard effects processor such as a reverb, echo, chorus, flanger, or harmonizer device. Output levelis approximately 0 dB to +4 dB and is post-EQ and post-Limiter but unaffected by the setting of the VOLUME control. You can also use the Effect Send jack to route signal to an external mixing console or amplifier with an input sensitivityof +4 dB.

3. EFFECTS RETURN jack - Use this 1/4” unbalanced jack to return low impedance (600 ohm) signals to the ModelLH1000 from a professional outboard effects processor.

2. Bim1959

Bim1959

Apr 15, 2009
    Naples Florida
    Sales and electronic tech/piano tech: England Music Center - Clinton IA - now closed
    You had it right the first time. You plug your sansamp into the effects return to bypass the LH500 preamp. Bass into the sansamp. Sansamp output into the effects return of the LH500. It is that easy.

pcake likes this.
  3. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    thank you for the confirmation :)