Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Liability Insurance

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Bob Rogers, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Bob Rogers

Bob Rogers Left is Right

Feb 26, 2005
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    My daughter's band, was booked to do a promotion for the public library at the local mall. The mall has asked for a Certificate of Insurance listing them as an "addtional insured" for the term of the promotion. When they were just doing volunteer gigs, I understood that they were covered under my homeowners insurance, but I guess that's not true for a paid gig. (They've done a lot of paid gigs without my thinking about insurance.)

Do any of you have business liability insurance for your bands? How much? With who? What does it cost?

None of the bands around here seem to have business insurance. But I provide the PA for my daughter's band so I guess I should be a little more careful. Just wondering what the experiences were around here.

BTW, sorry for cross posting, but I asked this question over on the "Band Management" section of the BG and ... uh .... I didn't get much reaction. Maybe more people with a long horizon over here, if it's OK to say that.