Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

liberating a mia jbass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkfish, Aug 25, 2002.

1. funkfish

funkfish Guest

Jun 20, 2002
    U.S., Princeton, NJ
    help!!!

i have a beautiful white blonde over ash mia jbass. but, as you might know, fender is lazy and puts channels from the neck pup to the control plate, around the neck pup, and theres a 1cmx1cm circular hole just northeast of the neck pup used for holding the body while machines paint it. fender is lazy. i'd take of the pickguard to show off the beautiful white blonde over ash finish, but there are channels. what is the best way to deal with this? is there a way i could take it to someone and have him fill the channels and match the woodgrain/finish? that may be a longshot. any other ideas?

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Buy a Sadowsky J.

3. funkfish

funkfish Guest

Jun 20, 2002
    U.S., Princeton, NJ
    **** that...
    i've got a long-term plan... i could buy a finished warmoth body without all that crap, get it in the same finish and everything for around $330.....then i could keep the fender body and whenever i get the money, buy vintage stuff off of ebay and compile another fenfer....... two super sweet basses for less than the price of one ugly sadowsky

i need a job :(

4. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Or a Fender FMT.

5. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    get a nice scratchplate to compliment the finish. cheap, too! (well, I say cheap but fender 'plates go for about £40 over here which is extortionate for something probably costing sod all to make...)