Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Libster - The Rebirth....

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Gabu, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Enter Scary Music... Actually Libster isn't really coming back, that I am aware of... But I found more of the libster's original html code and stuff.

So I am planning on rebuilding it. I am going to rebrand the website, since it will be hosted by me, but the material will all be credited to Elizabeth Bee, or whomever submitted it to the libster. I emailed Ms Bee to ask permission, but the message bounced... so what the heck.

For the most part, it's all just going to host her original lessons. I am not really planning on adding much to it, but rather fixing the broken links, modernizing the look, take out obsolete or items personal to Ms Bee... and then we can all use it again. :)

I will try to get it up and running by the end of the weekend, but in honesty, that is a long shot. Although it's not up yet, the URL will be:

http://www.inet1.org

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    You are a Prince among men. All hail Prince Gabu!

3. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    hi, i know its probably not much help, but get a '.tk' address for it for free at www.dot.tk : eg www.libster.tk .

only problem is, that seeing as its a forwading device, it always has www.libster.tk in the top, but tahts easily mended eg by making an index page and the link to enter the home page opening in a new window :)

Just a thought, i look forward to its rebirth.

'asta la vista, it will be back' ;)

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Awesome, Gabu! I can't wait.

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    word, yo...that was an awesome site. you're a gentleman and a school bus ;)

6. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    Can't wait.

7. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    We can rebuild it. We have the technology.

8. skaboy

skaboy

Oct 16, 2001
    NZ
    I praise you man !

9. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    :D It's going to be rebuilt into the 6 million dollar website. Monopoly dollars, of course!! :p

10. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Really, where else can one spend $25 for all this?!?

_________
    "Les Claypool is very cool...which is very sloppy"
    -Me

11. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Thats a really cool thing you're doing Gabu. That site was a really good place to learn.

Are you going to try and keep or readd the transcriptions?

If you do want to keep/add the transcriptions area and cant find any of them, just shoot me a pm or email. I have alot of them saved on a disk from there and I'll send them over to you so you can do whatever it is you gotta do to get them up.

12. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Thanks Cas,

I may not have them all, so after it's up and running, if you have any that I do not, I would love to add them!!

The site has begun taking shape. I am guessing completion of the initial site, half way through the week.

13. If you (re)build it, they will come. I used to refer people to that site, until it vanished.

14. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Thanks Yoshi. I grabbed the domain, " learnbass.tk " so that should be easy to remember for everyone.

15. Thanks for bringing Libster back. I have to learn how to read sheet music to try out for jazz band next year and i never got to finish these lessons. You should use a sticky and keep it on the top.

16. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    You are most welcome. :) The holidays have dominated my time, so I am still working on it. But have made it available while I work on it.

17. hmmm... I was checking out some stuff on that page. (the libster was probably the first bass related page I went to and really liked)

I keep getting this message while clicking on some links(not all, though):

"Counterpush.com will be closing soon while the band realigns itself to support new original material. Please be sure to sign up to receive email updates as 2003 promises to be an eventful year!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/* Site created by DalaDesign. Copyright © 2002 Counterpush. All rights reserved. */ "

18. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Yeah... That's a 404 error message redirecting you to my bands website, and my band is changing it's name. Sorry for the confusion. I will fix that.

19. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Unbelievable! Gabu, bass players everywhere will benefit from this. Libster was a fantastic learning site. All hail Gabu for bringing it back for us.

20. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Excellent Gabu,

Libster was an excellent resource and I was upset to see it go. It's great to see that it will be built once again.