Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lick your fingers again and I'll kill you!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    OK. Not sure why, but I'm parylized by this problem.

The 16 year old, overweight, evil, repulsive checkout girl at my supermarket who has to lick her damn thumb before every move she makes.

Lick her thumb to seperate the bags to pack my groceries, lick her thumb to count the money I hand her, lick her thumb to count my change and then hand it to me with her %$&#$# spit on it! Nobody says anything, and for some freaky reason I can't either. I stand there and watch, literally unable to move. I want to say "quit spitting on my money you fat &%$#!", or "that's the most disgusting thing anyone can do!", or even be thoughtful and say, "do you realize the germs you're ingesting everytime to touch the money and lick your thumb!". but i can't. i can't even bring myself to talk to the manager. i try to avoid her line but sometimes she's the only one there, or the lines make it so I have to go to her or my ice cream will melt.

Life is so difficult.

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Joe, Joe, Joe...

...listen to me, take a deep breath, count to 10....calm, calm, calm...

...feel better yet? :)

Now, look at the bright side: Maybe if she keeps licking money she will ingest some rare tropical disease that is totally incurable and kills within 8 hours of infection. :smug:

(...and here I thought this was going to be a thread about Rudy Sarzo....:bag: )

3. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    It's probably her way of getting some action; your manly odours embedded into the dosh may well be the only thing separating this vile sounding beast from a catastrophic rampage for manly fluids.

Look sharp bub.

4. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    No gig last night Joe?

I feel ya on the finger licking thing. That's pretty nasty. What if it was a hot 20 year old licking everything in sight?

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Gaaahhhh!!!

I had a check out guy last night.... eating fists full of trail mix will ringing people up

As he gave the change (chewing on a wad of seeds and fruit)... I asked "want me to go grab you some more?" without pause or hint of wrongness he replied "no thanks Dude, I got break in half an hour."

:mad:

6. Next time, before you go shopping, drench your bills in a laxative or some LSD ... :D

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

:p That is a good idea.

I never understood the finger licking thing. I mean, it provides slight lubrication for something most of us can obviously do without.

8. We have a winner!

9. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Big gal tripping in the bathroom.

Clean up on aisle four.

10. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    It's almost as bad as sniffing coffee pots at convenience stores.

11. Icky.

I don't like shaking hands with people while out at a bar. Guys wash their hands about30% of the time. I shall not have urine on me because I have to stick to society's social morays.

12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Dude, I ain't paying money for burnt coffee :spit:

13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I really like the LSD idea. Just delete this thread if you ever decide to do it.

14. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Agreed. I have that problem with the inmates/employees at work. We've made announcments, had doctors come in and do helth presentations, they still don't believe us. I frequently lock the door to my office. I do not want urine soaked hands anywhere near me.

15. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    This is a big annoyance of mine as well. I have a coworker that does not wash her hands after using the bathroom, even if you're standing there washing yours, she just walks by like nothing is wrong. THEN the capper.... she is often meeting facilitator and through the whole 2 hour meeting I have to watch her licking her fingers (yes she does not limit it to her thumb, but adds the index in there and sometimes the middle finger for prosperity :rolleyes: ). It is so disgusting because I can basically SEE the germs she is ingesting and spreading around, ugh, now I know why people develop disorders for this kind of thing.

16. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    The licking thing is one of my pet peeves, too - I have a co-worker that licks all the time.

I'd talk to her manager - she's a public health risk. Or call your local public health department, and explain that she apparently has OCD so they don't think *you're* the crackpot.

Maybe she's getting off on the residual cocaine that thay say is on a large percentage of US currency?

17. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Oregon
    What is the point of adding overweight?

18. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    I think it lends to the repulsiveness??

19. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    as a big fat guy myself, knowing that Joe is one of the Poster Boys for "Health and Fitness" here at TB, I must ask...

are we a little sensitive about something ?

He was just painting a picture of the scene, no harm in the wording (other then the "I'll kill you" bit)

20. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    That is how the world currently works.