Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Life is a bitch

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Well my dad just came home for lunch with the sad news that my mum's boyfriend committed suicide. He had drink trouble, and my mum had recently had to move out and live with her mum, and there was a court injunction and stuff taken out to stop him ringing my mum. Well now it's all ended in this crap..... :( :crying:

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Totally uncalled for.

3. +1

I am sorry to hear about what happened Nick,if you wanna talk or anything...you know the screen name.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Sorry to hear it, Nick. I know what it's like dealing with suicide. :(

brad cook

5. I was being genuine. There isn't anything any of us can say that will make his loss any easier. Hence, I thought I'd give him something to laugh at. However, if you feel its inappropriate, I'll delete my post without another word.

Leigh

6. Oh boy, that sucks bad. Dealing with the loss of a close one is never easy. When the loss is due to suicide, I guess it's even worse. Be strong, Nick. Be there for your mother if she needs you.

Good luck, and you have my sincere condolences.

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sorry to hear it Nick. :(

8. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    This could be sucky... Were you close to your mothers BF, Nick? If he treated you & your mother horribly, which sounds like he COULD've been, maybe she's better off w/o him in her (& your) life. Unfortunate that it had to be like THIS, but still...

9. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    sorry for your loss nick.

10. Oh man. That stinks. Like was said, if he was abusive (purely speculative), maybe better off in the long run (you & Mum) but this way out is never the right way...

Sorry to hear bout this.

11. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Nick, that sucks. I'm sorry.

12. I'm sorry this happened Nick, this must be very hard. :(

13. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    So sorry to hear about this. :(

Hang in there.

Marshall

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Bummer Nick, I know how you feel. :(

15. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    sorry, nick

:(

16. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

sorry to hear about that nICK ...
    be strong for your mom , and take it easy ...

17. In answer to a few questions, yes, he could be one of the nicest men on this planet when he was sobre. However, when he got drunk, he accussed my mum of various things. His wife was killed 12 years ago in an accident, and he never really got over it. We had to go to the house to collect the parrots that had been left. I had to go into the garage where he did it, and there was a ladder and everything......kinda shook me up to know someone had died in there only a few days before.

18. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Sorry, man. :(

I don't know what else to say.

19. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm really sorry that you have to deal with this....it sucks hard. Hang in there buddy. :)

20. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Suicide is never the answer.

If he truly wanted to die he could have joined the military and fought so others can live. I only say this from personal experience.

and yes I often think of joining the military