Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Life is like a box of chocolate

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, Jul 2, 2004.

1. I must say this is extremly true.

My mother was fired today. Why you ask ? Because the people she works with are snobbish assholes.

She started a new job as mamanger of the ER, comming down from mamangement at a jail. She was making almost $100,000. Her boss seems to listen to what other people say. The doctors were saying things weren't being done when she was never given a timeframe to do them in. To add, my mother was never properly orientated. Three weeks after starting the state came in for inspection and they did poorly. Monday she was warned she is still on probation. This is a nice hit in the ass for me. My mother and father are divorced. My dad is a castodian at the Post Office so he is no help. Head hunters were looking for managers down south and at this point I don't care were I go, senior year or not.

Just venting before I go assassinate them all.

2. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Does suck that she lost her job.

3. get her a box of chocolates.

4. "My Momma always told me, life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're going to pull out next..."

-Forest Gump :rolleyes:

5. Isn't it, "You never know what your gonna get." ?

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That's what I was thinking but I wasn't gonna say anything.

brad cook

7. ... well Mr. Gump says it two ways during the movie I think, one way when it starts and worded slightly different when it ends... iono... dont correct me on that stupid stuffs :)

8. No, it's more like

"everbody around the office took all the good tasty ones and left all these crappy ones still in the box, and then they moved them all around so they don't fit the diagram on the top of the lid, and so you're looking at what you think is a rum filled cherry covered with milk chocolate and find out it's a dessicated cicada covered with dog poo, and then you're like, 'hey- this was my chocolate and I thought it would be cool if I shared with you guys and you all left me crap!' and everyone pretends like they didn't hear you and finally some old bat that you can't be mean to says 'we got you a balloon too, now shut up' and you really want to hit her but you can't 'cause she's old and a girl..."

or something...

9. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Hmm, unfortunate.

....to be realistic though, if your mom had the capacity to get this 100k job, she should be able to find another fairly quick.

10. What she's going to do it work as a agency nurse for now if possible. What may happen is her old jail she worked at, their contract is up soon. She has inside information from the one company who supported them. The other company wants the info and they are probably getting the new contract so she can get re hired again at her old job.

11. so, mqq, that really REALLY sucks that she got fired but its good that she may be hired again. good luck to her!!

12. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Sorry to hear that Mr. QuakQuak. But I agree, your mom seems to be resourcefull.

"Life is like a box of choclates, cuase if you leave it in the sun it all melt together into a big pile of goo, and you will surely never know what your gonna get".

13. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    live is like a box of chocolate, unfortunately for you mother live is like A BOX OF GRENADES!!!!

I know this is wrong but i couldn’t resist FG quote which is probebly more true then forest quote...

sorry to hear that bro
    Cheers

14. Good luck with the Employment thing man.

Sorry to hear about the crap,especially when it's happenin' to you. you made me laugh that one time.

Take it easy.

15. Thank you all. I love you. Now start a donation for me. NOW :)

16. when I get paid I'll give you 1.04
    in MD thats enough for a Mt. Dew soft drink

17. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

But of course that is deliberately dumb, because there is only one possible answer to what you're going to pull out of a box of chocolate....

CHOCOLATE!!

18. 20oz. or can ?

A lot for a can that is.