Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Life is so beautiful

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gunnar Þór, Aug 1, 2003.

1. I got paid today. In 27 days I worked 265 hours, so suffice to say I got paid a lot. I've already blown some of it on a case of Stella Artois, pepper vodka, shot glasses, beer glasses and ceveral cd's, including the best record ever made: Siamese Dream. And I got a big refund from the tax office today. And the biggest travel weekend in Iceland is upon us and I'm going with some friends to a summer house over the weekend. And it's 28° celcius outside right now. And I have a beer in my hand. And a girl at work is flirting with me. And I fully intend to purchase an Ampeg B2-48 and a Mexi Telecaster soon. And I have band practise later tonight. And then a lobster dinner.

Life is so beautiful right now. What are you happy about?

2. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    :) :) :)

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Hmmm...

After 3 rather frustrating bands in the past year... I've arranged for the 2 better guitarists and the nicer drummers and the marketable singer to all meet up and jam on Sunday at noon!

W00t! If it gels, we might have something workable.

:bassist:

Life is Beautiful ain't it :cool:

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i am happy that i have work, family and love.

i am also happy that i am down to 5 smokes a day as opposed to one pack a day - soon it will be no smokes a day!! just taking it slowly and cautiously - don't want to punch any holes in any walls....

5. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I'm going to be moving to Hazleton soon. After living in this nepotistical, rinky-dink, one horse town for almost 21 years, completely devoid of opprutunity (unless you want to be a career fast food worker), culture, a decent music scene (about 10238217347 nu-metal bands and 5 classic rock bands), and things to do, I'm going to be moving to eastern Pa. I'm going to work, play music, and then go back to college. (this time for pyschology) Every person I meet who lives in central pa, old or young, tells me the same thing: "Get out of here, there's no oppurunity". They are right.

6. BaroqueBass

BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    must be the liquor talking. :)

7. So far I had to clean the entire house top to bottom because my grandma is coming to take my brother away for a week BUT only spending not even 24 hours here :D I'd say it was worth it since I will be free from an idiot for a whole week and can just jam with friends and chill without any interruptions :D Also I'm going to a LAN party tonight so I can chill with friends and play some games all night!

Life is beautiful:cool:

8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    after so many years of working, we finally have our finished cd available - just got it this week. all the artwork and the packaging is almost perfect, the final potential gotchas didn't happen.

and i've sold some already! to fellow tb'ers! which is wonderful, and opportunity to validate myself, my band and my life's work to my bass player peers and compadres.

so that's my "life is wonderful" story of the day :)

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    buy our cd please? (big puppydog eyes blinking rapidly)

10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I love being a dad and a husband(still!). I dig our new/old house.
    I love the P-Bass I bought back in May. It sounds great through the rig I bought in March.

I love getting paid for gigs. I love playing, but understand the business better.

And in a week, I'll post a pic of something I love, but isn't mine yet. But it's SO cool!

11. I'm happy that you're happy. :)

Seriously, Gunnar, that's the attitude to have in life, keep it with you always.

As for me, it's Friday, it just stopped raining and I got a pocketful of pennies that I intend to spend! :D

Enjoy.

Mike

12. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I just got married this week, I've got a little baby due this year, and I've got a custom bass being made that's almost paid off and should be done within a month or two.

Things are pretty swell.

13. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    Life is indeed so beautiful for us also.
    We are sitting at our dad's spiffy new computer, waiting for morning, when we will fly to america to see our family and our best friend for 3 weeks. :)

14. OOHHH, YOU DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT A BABY!!!

Why you ol' dog.

Congrats to you and your wife, Bryan. Great news.

Mike :cool:

15. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Quicker than a F-16 there boy!

Congrats, Bryan, that IS wonderful news.
    ------

Gunnar, the good news is that you are loaded for bear, the bad news is that after all that booze, the young lady won't be of much use to you. The good news is that you won't care because it is labor day weekend up there, and you will be drunk till Tuesday. The bad news is that my friends and I could only have made that much booze last till Sunday. The good news is that your liver is in better shape than mine, for now.

16. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    As they say, dog will hunt :D

Thanks, Mike. I was keeping it on the hush-hush until we know if it'll be a boy or girl, but I figured I'd share my good fortune a little early.

Sonogram pics to be posted in about 2 1/2 weeks when we get the new ones. :)

17. Ah, you and your friends might only be able to make that last until Sunday, I'm low maintenence. :D Besides, that lovely lady'll be at least fifty miles away this weekend. Unfortunetly.

BaroqueBass: Nope, not the liqour. IMO it's the best album ever made.

JT: Hmm... maybeeh. I'll be sending over 20 bucks anyway for the supporting membership, might aswell send some your way.

Michael: Believe me, that's not the attitude I had for the better part of last month. But this is so much more fun.

But I don't think anyone of us can top Bryan, congrats mano. :)

By the way, practise was awesome. Our new guitarist showed up with a case of Carlsberg. :smug: And in case anyone's wondering what the hell I'm still doing here, I won't leave until tomorrow, have to go to work for a couple of hours.

18. well, theres a lot in my life i could look at as bad: summer break is over this week and school starts back, but im happy because i'll be a senior in high school, last year! also i have a ton of summer assignments to finish for my ap classes :( but thats a good thing because if all goes well i will be in the top ten of my 350 person class (mucho scholorshipo!). One of my best friends' boyfriends is treating her like poo, but this is good because she is going to break up with him and we are already talking about dating (and i've always liked her as more than "just a friend"), YAY! :D my pet ferret is awesome as always so he always brightens my day. im currently talking to the schools new band director about getting a double bass and playing in the school orchestra (i already play in the jazz band) so im really looking foward to that as well. :)

life is indeed good :D

19. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Life is incredible, and mystifying. I love life. My family is doing okay, healthy and all is well, I'm alive, its a few days from getting my drivers license (yes, finally! :D) and I think I'm getting my paycheck from working over the summer soon (totalling over $800 or so for only about 9 days of work; pretty good for a kid my age).

Life is good. :)

20. well, yea, life is good for now;-

i got new skates,
    i am really getting along with an amazing new girl.. :)
    my ex admitted she still liked me, and was grovelling at my feet, literally. she made the descision that we never speak again. i am free!

the downsides?

i need to pay for those skates ;)
    the girl is my best bu's ex.. who is our guitarist. :meh:
    my ex is going make my school life hell!

:D