Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Life...is very, very, VERY good.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Aaron Saunders, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    So yeah, I walk into the store where I have my lessons for the first time in about three months (they don't have a summer semester). I'm disappointed, 'cause they sold the Geddy they had and I really liked playing it, but...

...they had the Yorkville XS400 combo. Drool. Mother-freakn'-drool. I plug in, and it's...well, it's awesome. Frankly AWESOME. Right now, I've got a Yorkville 100B and Peavey Microbass. I'm going to definitely keep the Microbass for light jamming and home practice, but I can get $200 CAD for the 100B ($50 more than I paid for it ;) ) from a friend, and around $80 from various relatives for both christmas and birthday. I don't need to take the $400 recording course I was going to be taking, and I'm not going to be asking for the SX Tele as a bday gift. Instead, I'll pour in all of the cash I get for the amp and christmas/bday, and get the amp as a combined Christmas/birthday present.

Life is very...very good.

2. Nice man, I wanna hear that thing, it looks great!

3. i really like the looks and the price of the head the yorkie xs400h but i dont know if it would be loud enough for me.

4. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Life is good for friends like you...

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Hey, if he's gonna leave during the middle of practice to return a busted headphone amp (something that he could do at any point this week, no hassle), I can't be held responsible for what I do.

6. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    so get the XS800H then. :bassist:

7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    ...there is one? Wow, that'd be...really awesome. 400 watts of tube power's enough for me, though ;).

8. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    tube preamp, SS power amp. Still plenty loud for anyone though.

9. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Yeah, I found out today it was SS power amp. Still pretty loud indeed!

10. yea but i cant seem to find how much the xs800h head is

do you know???

11. US list is $879 US for the XS800H. Retail should be around $600-650.

12. well that is a pretty good price!!!!

i dont think ti would beat a

QSC RMX1450
    BBE B-MAX though

13. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Uhh...yeah, I guess it might not :eyebrow:

A guy in my program has an Ampeg cab...any reccomendations for other extension cabs to play around with?

14. If it was me I'd do anything to keep that recording course,... but ya sell the other stuff.

If my rig got stolen, I'd replace it with a XS400T (the 2x10 combo) and add a Yorkville 1x15. Hands down, no questions asked, just heading out of the store thank you.

15. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I don't need the recording course anymore 'cause I'm in a semester long recording focus program at my school with teachers who actually know what they're doing...for free ;).

I'm considering not selling the 100B, keeping it in "storage" for a while until I can afford a new speaker, chopping out the amp section, and using it as an extension cab. Anyone got any reccomendations for this? I've never chopped the amp section out (I've seen the final product of a similar experiment and USED the final product on Thursday) so I'm not sure what exactly would be necessary. If I do this, I'll be getting the 2x10.