1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Life lesson # 2534232

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Jan 26, 2013.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    We all make mistakes. It's what you do about your mistakes that counts.

[​IMG]

2. Some faith in humanity is restored.

3. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    It's sad that some people don't learn from their mistakes.. I had to take ''a beating'' (not literally) a few times to learn ;)

4. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Not just good, good enough

Sep 30, 2012
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Uninsured motorist probably

5. Probably not. IME most uninsured motorist would have just
    bailed and not come back. I think this is a case of a man with high morals that was taught about the facts of whats right and wrong. Nice thread.

6. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Nice! I like that.

I had a similar thing happen to me about 10 years ago before I retired. I was working in federal law enforcement and was looking for a guy in Northern Tennessee to serve with a subpoena. Went by his house several times, but his car wasn't home. A little later, I was driving slowly up the street behind his, looking between houses to see if his car was in his driveway yet.

I was only going about 10 mph, but all of a sudden there was a crunch. I had taken out a mailbox with the passenger side mirror of my Crown Vic. I went up and knocked on the door. A hispanic dude came to the door. I identified myself, showed him my badge, and he looked like he'd seen a ghost. I'm assuming he was illegal, but that's just speculation, and I didn't care about that.

I told him I had ran into his mailbox, and wanted to buy him a new one. "No, no, it's okay!!", he kept saying. "No, it's NOT okay", I said. "I ruined your mailbox, and I want to buy you a new one". "No, no, it's okay!", he said again; and closed the door.

So after I finally served the subpoena on his neighbor, I went to Home Depot and bought him a new mailbox. Put it on his porch with a note of apology and a $10.00 bill because I didn't have the time to actually install it. Totally my fault, and I felt bad about my carelessness.

7. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    Most people would just be stumped by the mailbox problem.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021