Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Life rules.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    My p-bass is done being defretted and sounds like a beauty.

Got a deal on a MIM Fender Active Deluxe J at geetar center

My mom is not as much of a female dog as she has been the past few months

My step brother is going off to college next fall, which means I won't have to move all of his crap off of my bed when I am at my dads.

Older sister is going into the navy, that means 1 less teen with raging hormones in the house

Starting a band with my best friend, Joe, and TB'er Max's son Brad

You know all those little body language things girls do when they are interested in you and want you to pay attention to them? I'm getting those Jessica. w00tage.

My cough went away...

My cousin leaves me alone

We got a new puppy a couple weeks ago

Yes, life owns.

(Happy moley?)

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yes, I like my ATK, but the action is a little high for me, I guess I will set it up in a month or so.

3. Congratulations on your bout of good fortune.

it will be short-lived, however. Believe me. Savour it while you can. :D :p

4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Yeah man those parents can really be a burden
    :rolleyes:

You will be amazed how much smarter your parents will get in the next 5-10 years.

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    these are mine...

[​IMG]

this is my wife...

[​IMG]

and she had the white bass up top there made for me.

this is my living room...

http://lordonly.net/lostudio3.htm

this is actually dated - i have since added a mac g4 dual 1.25 ghz and protools to the party :D

then there is this, mastered and ready to go and the artwork is almost done...

[​IMG]

and it was mixed by this guy...

http://www.auslander.net/

who liked us enough that he said that he would only produce about 5% of the people who approached him to do so, and he volunteered to produce us, if we wanted, at some point in the future. a huge compliment from a guy who mixed and produced works for queen, yes, hall and oates, queensryche and many others - a real pro for the past >30 years.

on top of that, we have another 74 minutes worth of music that only needs to be mixed down (2nd cd). everyone who's heard it thinks it's even better than the first one.

and most of all, i'm lucky that i've got all you guys to whup on - i mean talk to ;).

i love my life. if only i had more money.

6. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Darn...everytime I see that double neck I just think...how freakin cool. That and the one to the far right are my two faves...very cool stuff.

Oh yeah the wife ain't bad either John ;)

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    you oughta get fodera to build you one of those - i don't think they've ever done a double wide before.

8. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Im selling two Fodera's most likely. I'm open to other stuff, I'm getting a Benavente, want a Nordstrand still want a conklin...it will never end!

Besides I dont think Fodera would do it ;)

And anyway why would I want to copy someone's idea when it was theirs originally? :) I'll just sit back and admire...

9. Oh dear God John, Those basses made me cream my pants *drools uncontrollably* If I had those many nice basses my life would be pretty damn good too.

But my life right now? CRAP. My life is a freaking mess. Things appear good on the outside but its a hell-hole. Picked up smoking cigarettes again, Smoked some pot even though my mom gives me drug test and If I fail one she will sell my car and take my license, I have no clue what I will do for school next year. Right now I just goto a trade school, but it wont get me a diploma. Plus, I can feel my bass skills slipping, I have maybe one Friend; and he isnt even that good of a friend, My Whole body is just dry from this medication im taking, I just lost $20 dollars (I think my dog ate it, there were teeth marks on the card I had it in), And Ive caught a bad case of Insomnia.

But good times Right:bawl:

10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

11. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  12. Bruce Lindfield

Well, I've got no real use for a 7 or 8 string bass and am not in the market for a new partner...but I do miss having cats around the house!!

I grew up with 2 or 3 around all the time, but now living in a flat in the middle of a busy city it's not really practical....

13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    ;)

I fully intend on going back to being a pessimistic brat, by the way.

14. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Would Fodera build me a wife?

15. Regarding the pix that John posted, I must say, that is one of the most beautiful sectionals I’ve ever seen.

(the basses are OK too;) )

16. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    indoor cats! all mine stay inside.

get yourself one, bruce. :)

17. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, and useful too - 2 recliners, a pull out bed, a few drawers and a pull down table. a veritable swiss army knife among couches. :D

18. Bruce Lindfield

I could never be so cruel - all my cats have roamed free and walked their territories!! ;)