Life Without Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StringMan50, Dec 31, 2004.

1. StringMan50

Jan 12, 2004
    What would your life be if you were without your bass or basses for 2 months.
  2. mlwarriner

mlwarriner Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    speaking as a voice of sucks. i went about 6 months without mine until i got an acoustic shipped over here (iraq). i was going nuts not being able to play, even if it was just noodling...
  3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Over the last fourteen years, I have had to do that several times when I traveled overseas in Africa. I often thought about music and I checked it out whenever I could. I always enjoyed hearing godd African music. That said, the next time I go overseas, I'm taking a cheap bass with me.
  4. shizack

Aug 24, 2004
    I was bass-less for about 3 months (for a variety of reasons) and I think it helped me in a way. Sure, I was going nuts not being able to play, but I knew I would have another soon. By the time I could finally play again, my callouses were gone and I was so rusty I needed an IV of WD-40. BUT - I decided to go the 5-string route and learn my technique from scratch. Now I actually use the one-finger-per fret thing and actually use my pinky. It sure sucked for a while, but I think my playing has improved for it.