Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lifetime

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by frankencow150, May 16, 2004.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    I wasn't sure where to put this...so I'm sure it will be moved so sorry in advance. But there's this band called Lifetime that is my favorite band and they were together from 1990-1997 and played REALLY GOOD melodic punk type of stuff. Really good lyrics and melodies and alot of passion. Well...nobody really knows about them although they're responsible for tons of popular bands know cuz they kinda ripped off 'em, well...get the point I made a fansite for them with just about everything about them. Check it out:

www.jerseysbest.cjb.net

2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Lifetime's great. I have Hello Bastards and its a shame more modern hardcore doesn't sound like them. Dan Yemin is absolutely awesome, and hardcore owes him a debt of gratitude for preserving it from complete, and utter suckiness. Still, I think Kid Dynamite was the height of his awesomeness. I like Paint it Black a lot, but Kid Dynamite was something special.

Cool site, looks really professional and has a lot of material. Kudos to you!

3. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    This band is so good how come more people are into Lifetime? It's a shame.

4. Against Will

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Because people hate awesome bands.

It makes them feel uncomfortable. If people weren't so scared, everyone would be listening to Discount instead of New Found Glory, and the Unicorns instead of Sum 41.

5. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    "to play along with this record you must first tune your guitar to ours...well begin with the first string"

Yea what the hey happened to them they were friggin awesome.

6. Against Will

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    The broke-up, Ari the singer formed Zero Zero with his wife and the bassist. One of the guitarists did a stint w/ Jets to Brazil. Dan Yemin formed Kid Dynamite (equally awesome...maybe even more so). After KD broke up, Dan got his PhD, got married, then got divorced, had a stroke, and formed Paint It Black, yet another awesome hardcore band.

Check out www.jadetree.com for the full story.