1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Light Cab for Ampeg Classic Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Slpbass81, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Slpbass81

Slpbass81

Dec 16, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Endorsing: GHS Strings
    Hey guys,

I have been using a Markbass combo unit for cover gigs and my Ampeg classic amp with 8x10 cab for big venue gigs. My Markbass is starting to kick the bucked after 5 years and I was not a huge fan of the sound anyways.

I am wondering if there are any smaller/lighter cab options to pair with my ampeg tube amp. It does not have to be in the Ampeg brand. If I can pull off a lighter cab and put my Ampeg amp in a road case that would be ideal.

If not I am considering getting the Orange Tiny Terror 1000 watt bass amp and the Orange smart power 4x10. I haven't tried one out yet so I will need to hit up the local shop for that. Any opinions on the Orange rig?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    You could do two SVT 210av's or a couple Portaflex cabs. Or maybe one of the Pro Neo cabs might work for you. As long as you get a 4 ohm load, you're good.

3. I would look into a Greenboy Dually 215. They come in around 60 pounds or so.

As far as the orange rig goes, good amp, crappy cab.

4. stiles72

stiles72

Mar 20, 2009
    Albany IL
    Fliptops sells a 4 ohm 1x15 cab to use with SVT's. Cosmetically, it would be a match for you and Bruce can customize the cab to your liking. Or you could drop a 4 ohm 15" in any other 1x15 box that you might have available.

5. OlliePanda

OlliePanda

Apr 4, 2013
    Schroeder. Drop him an email I have a 1210L and its epic. The orange SP caps sounded boxy IMO

6. OlliePanda

OlliePanda

Apr 4, 2013
    Btw. I use that cab with a orange terror 500.