Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Light foldup hand truck

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Bob Gollihur, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    I have a heavy duty handtruck I bought for moving bass crates around, but it's such a big and heavy mother that takes up a lot of room in the van.

I'd seen those fancy foldup ones for around $100 - visit www.globalindustrial.com/...elNo=F8867 to see what I mean - I've stolen the image:

[​IMG]

Point is, saw one like it in a Lowes circular and picked one up yesterday for $40. It's not on their web site and was in the aisle, so maybe it's not regular stock, just a special. It looks almost exactly like the one shown above.

It's got a little cheese factor in the way of plastic, but seems pretty sturdy and well made. I don't know that I'd try to haul 200lbs, which is its package rap rating, but I loaded a couple 60lb PA cabs on it and rolled them around. I think I might make two trips with my EA cabs. Seems like a bargain - just an FYI.

2. I found my handcart at Staples (or was it CompUSA?)... anyway, it was made to fold up and holds about 150 lbs -- I paid $29 for it. In one trip, I can carry my Ashdown 2x10, my Eden Traveler head, gig bag, and then I sling my Fender over my shoulder.

The next size up ($49) had soft rubber (inflated) wheels, which would be MUCH better over gravel driveways and such (ahh, the life of a casuals sub).

-a