Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Light Gauge For 5 Strings??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by GraffixNyc, Jul 13, 2004.

1. GraffixNyc

GraffixNyc

May 3, 2004
    New York City
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    I'm looking for light gauge strings for my spector NS5CRFM 5 string and I seem to have a real problem finding them I would like to get gauge 40-120 and I would like to try DR strings but can't find them in this gauge I will even go with a medium light. It seems like the only light ones I can find are the GHS boomers and they were even hard to find. Does anyone know if DR makes a light guage if so where do I get them? or anyother light gauge strings that are good. Thanks

2. Try Juststrings.com.........good prices,shipped to your door and they carry just about every brand.
    Al

3. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    DR does indeed make a 5 string set in that gauge in both Hi Beams (LR5-40) and Lo Riders (LH5-40). If you're in NYC, any decent music store could order them for you, but you'll be better off buying them online (shipping and all).

That particular set is not impossible to find. Ken Smith offers an amazing variety of strings and offers 40-120 in both Burners (nickel) and Masters (stainless steel). Black Diamond also makes that set in Nickel and SS. Try www.juststrings.com or the strings forum sponsor, www.bassguitarstrings.us. ;)

Tom

4. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    Black Diamond has a black coated set in this gauge. I just put some on my MIA Jazz V.

Ordered them from http://www.juststrings.com