Light green silk windings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Spike, Jul 10, 2000.

1. The stings on a recently acquired bass have light green silk windings, which I have never come across before.
    Really like these strings. I know it is difficult to identify strings by the colour, but does anyone know what make these could be?
  2. They could be Pyramid Golds which are nickel, and have a "Slinky" or "soft" feel to them. If they are Pyramids, they might be some of the batch made specially for Travino Music Enterprise (based in HI), who sells them on eBay at about at three-quarters the regular price. He does this by buying them in bulk (~8000 units at a time) and Pyramid makes them with light green silk as a special "perk" for TME, rather than the regular purple (at least that's how Frank Trevino explained it to me). Fabulous strings BTW, and pretty good value at $45/set (instead of ~$62).

- Wil

[This message has been edited by Wil Davis (edited July 10, 2000).]
  3. membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    If they are flats, they could be Fender 9050MLs...
  4. Thanks Guys,
    Sorry, forgot to mention they are S/S roundwounds. [​IMG]
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Hello, Spike.

The only strings I know that have light green silk windings are Trace Elliot strings, which I don't think are made anymore.

Will C. [​IMG]

You can't hold no groove if you ain't got no pocket!

6. oo0o00o0oo

Apr 30, 2000
    Do they taper about an inch before the bridge? If they do, the are Trace Elliots.
  7. Thanks for your replies.
    I think they must be Trace Elliot's, not available anymore.
  8. MrGump

Apr 20, 2000
    Im sure someone made those strings for T/E,ask around if anyone knows who!I bet its a well known American company,and you can buy them with a different name.