Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Light in Your Fret Board?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PinkTelephone, Jun 22, 2004.

1. I have 5 basses now and i just got my america p bass, so i was going to try with one of my older basses i dont play that much anymore, tp put lights in the fret board. Ever since i saw sam rivers from limp bizkit (i hate limp i think there really bad) i've wanted the light fret markers but i dont knwo how to do it. if anyone has info on how to make your fret makers light up it ould be awesome, thanks

2. From what I understand, the light setup is an integrated sytem that has to be installed within the neck.

A cheesier / cheaper alternative would be to paint the dots with glo-in-the-dark paint.

3. From my understanding, they need to be built into the neck. If I were going to try and put LED's (??) in my bass' neck, I would just drill holes through the neck and string christmas light in it. Or maybe some other kind of cool looking light.

But for real, I think they need to be built in. Maybe if you wanted to remove the fretboard and play with the neck you would be able to figure something out. That would be my guess. :)

4. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
  5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
  6. thats so cool i wish i had 500 bucks to blow on it, but i dont so o well, thanks for looking... or does anyone know a bass that already comes with led or lgiths in it?