1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lightbulbs!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Apr 29, 2006.

1. We all play bass, and a lot of us have really big amps that throw out thunderous vibrations. I notice that my lightbulbs really rattle when I play. The lights in my room are track lights, there are 4 of them, two on each bar, with the bulbs in little screw in things. The bulbs are something like 4 dollars a piece, so replacing them is fairly expensive.

I recently noticed, that the more playing I do at home, the shorter the life of the bulbs seems to be. Maybe it's just in my head, but today (a week after getting a new amp after not having one since the summer) one of the lights went kaput.

My question is have you noticed the same?
    Are there ways you prevent it from happening?
    ETC!

2. Not a single person worried about their lightbulbs. :p

3. Not lightbulbs.

I was doing a metal band once, directly above the band room was this guy's bar. One day we were busy rockin' and heard this big crash from upstairs- the cabinet behind the bar fell over. Nothing had ever vibrated off the cabinet or anything, but I assume a bunch of stuff vibrated to the front of the cabinet and it just went.

4. Its happened a few times to me, but i think its just coincidence as its happened other times aswell, mainly due to cheap light bulbs

But what happens to me is the bulb seems to fall out, ie the glass bits falls out by itself leaving the metal connector part that goes into the socket, in the socket

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I find that cheap lightbulbs are more succeptible to vibrations than anything. Get good quality bulbs and I haven't noticed this problem.

6. intresting info:
    an inventor discovred how to made lightbults which never need replaceing, but the main lightbulb companies bought the invention off him, for a lot of cash, so that there companies wouldent go bust, the dude made a ton of cash, but of a shame realy, its a mjour hassel changeing lightbults,