1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lighter replacement for Aguilar GS-210?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Funkateer, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Funkateer

Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    Were it not for the fact that it weighs 62 lbs, I probably wouldn't be thinking about replacing it, as I like the tight and focused sound it produces. But since it does weigh so much ....

The Aggie is my first cab. Before the 5 string EUB (NS Designs EU5), before the 6 string BG (Cort Curbow 6 tnx MacheteJames!), before the IP-777, before the Stewart World 1.2.

Now I'm thinking that perhaps in addition it isn't the greatest match for the Stewart World 1.2's 700 watts (bridged) into 8 ohms, although you can never have too much headroom. Natrab has my NV610, which I really loved with my BGs when I could push it, but it was overkill for my project studio, and the smallish clubs that I play.

My leading candidate for replacing the Aggie is the Epifani UL-210 (8 ohms). Thinking that I can add an 8 ohm UL-115 when more air needs to get moved, which seems like a pretty good match for the Stews 1200 watts into 4 ohms. On the otherhand price, weight, and powerhandling wise, the UL-310 seems like a good deal.

I need to sound good playing jazz on the 5 string EUB, as well as being able to funk out on my 4 and 6'ers.

Any thoughts?

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    the Epi 2x10 cab is a terrific little cab, w/ plenty of bottom end to appease even my low B penchant that's been forever ruined by my Acme B2. and its sooooooooo light. carrying the UL210 will be like going from carrying a bowling ball to a soccer ball.

but the UL310 is WAAAAY louder. and its not much worse to carry. if you have the money, need a really loud small cab, i say you go for the UL310.