Lightest, Most "thrashable" bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rb26nate, Jul 25, 2005.

1. rb26nate

Mar 8, 2005
    Hey everyone. I am in need of a really Light bass thats under 300 dollars. I have a heavy 5 string right now and i need a light 4 string for my band. Any suggestions???
  2. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Grab a steinberger rip off from ebay.
  3. If you look around, you might be able to find a Dean Sledgehammer for around your price range, and there is also the Warwick Rockbass Streamer Standard. I used to have the real German Warwick five string version of that bass, and I think it only weighed 7 1/2 pounds. The Rockbass has the same body wood (carolena), but it has a maple/rosewood neck rather than the Warwick's ovankol/wenge neck.
  4. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    A Fender P-bass Lyte would be a good one for you. Mine weighs somewhere in the vicinity of like 6-7 pounds and it feels heavenly after a set or two with my Warwick or Music Man basses to switch to the Fender. Plus they can usually be had reasonably cheap on eBay, at least the Mexican version with the single coil J in the bridge can, usually the Japanese version with the humbucker in the bridge is more expensive.
  5. hey i've been playing a fairly heavy cort artisian 5string, and now a Warwick Corvette 5string which is much lighter (swamp ash version at least). But my good ol' thrashable 4 strings is an Ibanez GSR200, light in my opinion, i really like the tone, and its pretty sturdy. Cheap but nice in my opinion...
  6. Cort Action bass 4. light basse, pretty good quality for the price.
  7. Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Westfield SB427 - probably lightest thing I've ever played, and it's about that price new. Was my first bass, bought it for £70 GBP real smashed up but I didn't really care, it was so battered I didn't care if I messed it up so I started doing electronics projects etc on it, and when I got my Traben I defretted it and I'm thinking about sanding down the neck (Mine has a horrible painted neck!)
    Btw: The SB stands for Small Body I think.
  8. IBANEZ EDC700

Good sound, light, easy to play