Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lighting thats naked to the human eye..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Oct 2, 2003.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Evenin' all.

Anyone know, or know where to find info about ligthing thats not visible to our eyes such as infra red etc?

I'm after a pretty detailled peice if possible including info on why its not visible and how it can be viewed (sorry if im making no sense).

I searched google but had no luck.

I'll explain all in a few weeks time.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    you forgot about these

:ninja:

:ninja:

3. thumbtrap

thumbtrap

Jun 26, 2003
    all sensors have bandwidth. There's a rather interesting page out there where this guy took some theatrical filters to block all but IR - which your eye nominally can not see - because it's 30 or 40 db down by the at point. Because he had everything else blocked, he was able to see in the IR band where you have just a wee trace of vision left, that is normally swamped by "visible" light.

No intensifier tubes, ccd's, just heavy filters.

4. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I found a goverment funded science Q&A site.

Sadly, funding ceased 6 days ago and so has relpies :spit:

PS :ninja:

5. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    most video cameras will pick up IR. point your cd remote at a video camera you'll see a light on the screen. hand held remote IR is quite weak. I have a cheap ($150) night vision scope with strong IR, it projects about 50ft. Nightowl optics.

search www.google.com

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

All light is invisible!!

If you could see light - you wouldn't be able to see anything else!!! ;)

7. Bruce..... go to bed. :p

What did you look up on Google? Often the use of different terms can be beneficial.

:D:D

Merls

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Makes perfect logical sense, if you only think about it - you don't see the light itself - only the objects illuminated by it.

Do you also know that the speed of light has been measured as low as 38 mph!! ;)

9. nooooo brucey

you see the reflection of light off objects. blue objects absorb every color but blue, green absorbs every but green etc.

bad brucey, tryin to sound too smart. go to your room :D

10. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    What im kind of after is a chart of some kind displaying the different bandwidths of each light so I can try n get one that can be only seen if looked at through a certain lense, not the camera type,more of a piece of material.

It's for my invention, you guys can be first on the market research once I patent it.

11. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Sorry yoshi, but the see-thru-bikinis camera has already been invented :meh:

12. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I'll take one! Do you accept Visa?

13. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    ..did someone rename my thread? I'm sure it was titled 'lighting thats invisible to the naked eye' and not 'lighting naked to the human eye'.... :confused:

14. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Sorry man, apparently the greedy 'astards who have one cling to them.. while making load of dineros by posting tons of pics to the pay sites :spit: :p