1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lightning Bolt - 13 Monsters

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Duncorama, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Duncorama

Duncorama

Nov 7, 2007
    Helloooooooooooo, i'm in the middle of changing the pedals/amps i use and listening to stuff i like to see what options i have sound wise.
    Does anyone have any idea how Gibson gets that bass sound on 13 monsters? I know he uses a boss super overdrive and some kind of zoom multi distortion but i really don't see how those pedals can make that sound!
    I thought maybe it has something to do with him pushing the speakers harder than they're designed to be pushed so as to create that 'chainsaw' kind of growl.
    Any ideas???
    Cheers!

2. Here you go

Bass Whammy and Boss OC-2, ODB-3, SD-1 and Line6 DL-4

3. Duncorama

Duncorama

Nov 7, 2007
    Wow! SO that means that the only effects his running for the distortion is the odb3 and the super overdrive?!

4. AND the Ampeg SVT4 Pro... But i'd get a SansAmp VT Bass pedal and use that instead...same effect, 1/3 the price.

5. calebbarton

calebbarton

Aug 25, 2007
    Oregon
    I manufacture for several companies including but not limited to: Bridge City Sound, Catalinbread, more.
    lol

6. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    Is it really just an SVT-4 pro? I've seen some much larger amp setups in pictures of them...

7. That's the head, anyway. Don't know about his cab selections. That could also very well be studio setup

8. Duncorama

Duncorama

Nov 7, 2007
    Nice one!
    Weird you mention the sansamp because i was looking at buying the sansamp rackmounted rbi pre eq and running that with a sepereate power amp i already have, would this also work????

9. I'd imagine. i'm not the one to ask about pre-power amps.

10. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Man- I love these guys. I had no idea that his amp setup was so simple...it sounds like his signal gain is about 10000000x
    and i thought he used like 10 cabs at once? i saw his live setup on a DVD of them...it seemed way bigger

11. Supposedly he uses whatever speakers he can get his hands on.

12. arjune

arjune

Oct 8, 2006
    SF, CA