Lights on Eden WT400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by needmoney, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Just bought this head, my question is.. How hard is it to get the Set Level Indicator light to light up? It says it lights to indicate that the preamp is sitting right on the sweet spot of the gain balance, but I was playing around with the amp a bit and it wouldn't light up, where's this sweet spot? Also does the compression light only come on at certain times? I just hope the lights aren't broken :(
  2. jza57

jza57 Supporting Member

I don't have an answer for you but I guess you should feel lucky. I had a WT 400 that used to light up like the Las Vegas strip. My Eden MH 600 (Metro Head) is an improvement but still lights up from time to time. I don't understand how some Eden users can have such a problem and some not at all. My GK 1001 never lights up . I must admit , the Eden sound makes it worth it. Sorry , back to your question . Do you use an active or passive bass ?
  3. Jim Ingraham

Jim Ingraham

Nov 14, 2002
    with an active bass it should start blinking at just a little over 1/2 way on the preamp gain. Could be the lights burned out of its used...
  4. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    My WT-400 lights up a lot, too.

When I bought it, the guy at the store said do this-
    Volume on bass at max
    Volume on WT-400 on "0"
    Hit the "E" string with a decent stroke(maybe 'Thumb/Thump' it)
    Rotate the Wt-400's GAIN knob until the LED flashes.

Now adjust thw WT-400's volume knob to a desired playing level.
  5. Hmm yeah I didn't really play with the overall gain that much, that could be why.. man I hope the lights aren't blown! How do you fix that?
  6. Another question, do you have to run both Speaker outs on the head to take advantage of the full 4 ohms?
  7. Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Only if you have two 8 ohm cabs. Two 8 ohm cabs plugged in will make your head run at 4 ohms.

Otherwise you can use just one output and hook it up to a single 4 ohm cab.

I've noticed that my amp's clip light will light up sooner (although only occasionally) using only a single 8 ohm cab, whereas it doesn't light up at all when I running it at 4 ohms. Of course that just means I'm pushing the amp harder when it's run at 8 ohms.

A 4 ohm cab, or two 8 ohms cabs should give you more headroom.
  8. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    the preamp light is really kind of a compressor active light (unless the compressor is off) as far as i know, that 1st light doesnt indicate preamp clipping, just a predetermined level where the compessor is supposed to engage. i personally set mine under where the compressor started to engage except for really loud notes, and usually i left the compressor disengaged.
  9. Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Just to clarify (if your post was referencing mine), I was referring to the EQ Clip light way on the right...not the Set Level Indicator light on the left (that you want to light up a little to set the gain sweet spot).

But yeah, that Set Level Indicator light should flicker a bit on hard notes as, according to the manual, that's supposed to be the level where you set your gain before you set your volume with the Master Level knob.