Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lightwave and Midi Equiped Bass?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Phil Smith, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    When will we see lightwave pickup equiped bass's that have midi capability?

2. FBB Custom

FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

Jan 26, 2002
    Maryland
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
    I spoke with Keith at Lightwave Systems. He says that they have offered MIDI for quite some time as an "upgrade". You send them a Lightwave equipped bass, they do the modifications.

It's doubtful you'll ever see these on a production model bass because it's expensive and demand is so low. That's the reason Lightwave doesn't really offer up the whole kit as a regular production item.

3. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Can that system be added to a non-lightwave production bass?

4. To the best of my own personal knowledge, a bass that doesn't have the lightwave system can still have a midi port on it, but i believe you have to have a piezo bridge on your bass to work it properly.

If i'm wrong, someone please correct, but as far as i know, my above statement should be accurate.

5. rapido

rapido

Aug 9, 2005
    I read allover the net that DR are the best strings on this planet.
    I play slap. Are they best possible strings for slap? I have to know cause i wanted to buy 10 packs from USA.
    1. What is better DR Sunbams or DR Lo-riders???
    I know that Sunbams are Nickel Plated Round Core and Lo-riders are Stainless Steel Hex Core strings. On DR page (http://www.drstrings.com/LoRider1.htm) they say that Lo-riders are for slap, pop and tapping. But many people here on Talkbass said that Sunbeams are the best. So I am confused then.
    2. What is better for slap steel or nickel?
    3. What gauges are better for slap 50-110 or 45-105?

6. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Go to the strings forum. You should get some great responds to your questions there.